Travel insurance for expatriates
If you're a Canadian planning to live abroad for an extended period, be sure to purchase emergency health and medical insurance before leaving home.
Be it for work, study, or to get settled abroad, travel insurance for expatriates is the ideal solution if you're leaving Canada and are no longer covered by a provincial health plan such as RAMQ.
Travel insurance for expatriates: what's covered
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Hospitalization expenses
- Medical examinations and diagnostic tests
- Medical items
- Paramedical services
- Prescription drugs
- Private nurse
Treatment by health professionals
- Air ambulance
- Emergency repatriation
- Repatriation of your remains in case of death
- Transportation and hotel accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
Labour and delivery
- $5,000 reimbursement for labour and delivery fees
- Coverage up to $25,000
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You would like to find out if you are eligible for travel insurance for expatriates
- You will return to Quebec for visits while your contract is in effect
- You are returning to your home province to stay
- You have already left Canada without insurance
They will help you find the right travel insurance product for your needs. Call us at 1-855-309-5888.
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company that sold you your travel insurance.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.
Our travel insurance products
Reimburses emergency health care and repatriation
Reimburses travel expenses before and after your departure
Covers multiple trips per year
Offers complete coverage: medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage
For trips lasting more than one month
Covers Canadians visiting provinces outside their home province
Protects against stolen, damaged, or delayed baggage
Lets you purchase travel insurance after departure
Covers damage caused to a rental car while travelling
Provides health insurance for your Canadian super visa application