Travel insurance for students
Travel insurance for students lets you hit the books without having to worry about unforeseen expenses.
This travel insurance is right for you if:
- You are a Canadian citizen studying abroad
- You are a foreign student studying in Canada
You must be studying full time in a recognized educational institution. Internships abroad are not eligible.
Your family members can also be covered.
Travel insurance for students: what's covered
Covered medical expenses
- Medical examinations and diagnosis
- Medical items
- Prescription drugs
- Private nurse
- Transportation by ambulance
Covered treatments by health professionals
- Dental insurance
- Psychiatric care
- Psychological treatment for post-traumatic stress
Covered transportation expenses
- Emergency repatriation
- Repatriation of your remains in case of death
- Transportation and accommodations for a family member to join you at your bedside
Reimbursement of tuition fees up to $5,000 if an emergency prevents you from earning a passing grade for the semester
Labour and Delivery
- $5,000 reimbursement for labour and delivery fees
- Coverage up to $20,000
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You are a foreign student studying in Canada, but plan to travel to a country other than Canada while covered under your travel insurance contract.
- You plan to return to your home country for visits while your policy is in effect.
- You cease to be a full-time student.
They will help you find the right travel insurance product for your needs. Call us at 1-855-309-5888.
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company from which you purchased your travel insurance.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.