Travel insurance for extended stays
Whether you're a retiree visiting Europe or a globe-trotting adventurer, we have the right travel insurance for extended stays for you!
Did you know that your provincial health insurance plan, e.g., RAMQ, may not fully reimburse healthcare expenses incurred while travelling?
This makes it important to protect yourself with travel insurance.
Travel insurance for extended stays: what's covered
- Hospital room
- Laboratory testing
- Medical item rentals, e.g., crutches
- Prescription drugs
Treatment by health professionals
- Dentist (in the event of an accident)
- Emergency repatriation
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Repatriation of remains in case of death
- Return of a pet
- Return of your vehicle to your home country
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
No matter where you are in the world, you can count on travel assistance services:
- Physician and health professional recommendations
- Emergency return flight and repatriation
- Prescription transfers
- Identity theft assistance (some conditions apply)
Emergency round-trip coverage is included for trips lasting more than 30 days (some conditions apply).
It allows you to return to your home province and then get back to your trip.
Emergency round-trip coverage reimburses your transportation expenses in the event of:
- A death in your immediate family
- Hospitalization lasting at least seven consecutive days
- Damage to your home that renders it uninhabitable
Get a discount
Call us at 1-855-309-5888 for information on discounts available if:
- You are a member of the following associations:
- You purchase your travel insurance for extended stays before September (early bird discount)
- You are travelling with at least one other person (companion discount)
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You have left your home province for more than 183 days in a single year and are not covered by your provincial health care plan, e.g., RAMQ
- You have a health problem or illness (also called a pre-existing illness) before you leave
- In spite of a pre-existing illness, your health is stable and does not prevent you from travelling
Call us at 1-855-309-5888 for help finding the best travel insurance for extended stays for your needs.
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company that sold you your travel insurance for extended stays.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.