Insurance for travellers to Florida
Let one of our representatives help you find the best travel insurance for your needs before trading the winter snow and ice for the sunny climes of Florida!
Your provincial health insurance card does not provide complete coverage for accidents and illnesses that may occur in Florida.
This makes travel insurance a must-have for reimbursing any medical treatment you may receive in the United States.
Insurance for snowbirds: what's covered
- Hospitalization expenses
- Laboratory testing
- Medical items, e.g., crutches
- Prescription drugs
- Transportation by ambulance
Treatment by health professionals
- Dentist (in case of emergency)
- Accommodation and meals
- Emergency repatriation and return
- Emergency round-trip transportation for trips of 30 days or more (optional)
- Repatriation of your remains in case of death
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
- Return home:
- Pet (optional)
We offer discounts to the following customers:
- Members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
- Members of the Association of Public Service Alliance Retirees (APSAR)
- People who purchase travel insurance before September (earlybird discount)
- People who travel in pairs (companion discount)
Call us at 1-855-309-5888 for a quote!
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You are not covered by your provincial health insurance plan, e.g., RAMQ, because you’ve been gone from your home province for more than 183 days in a single year
- You have a health problem or illness (also called a pre-existing illness) before you leave
- In spite of a pre-existing illness, your health is stable and does not prevent you from travelling
- You wish to extend the duration of your trip
They will be able to help you find the best insurance for travellers to Florida for your needs. Call us at 1-855-309-5888 for a quote!
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company from which you purchased your travel insurance.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.
Our travel insurance products
Reimburses emergency health care and repatriation
Reimburses travel expenses before and after your departure
Covers multiple trips per year
Offers complete coverage: medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage
For trips lasting more than one month
Covers Canadians visiting provinces outside their home province
Protects against stolen, damaged, or delayed baggage
Lets you purchase travel insurance after departure
Covers damage caused to a rental car while travelling
Provides health insurance for your Canadian super visa application