Travel insurance for visitors to Canada
Whether you're travelling for business, pleasure, or coming to Canada to obtain a visa, travel insurance for visitors to Canada lets you enjoy your visit worry free!
Regardless of how long you stay in Canada, travel insurance for visitors to Canada offers protection for:
- New arrivals and immigrants
- Foreign workers
- Foreign students
- And members of their families
Travel insurance for students: what's covered
Travel insurance coverage varies from one insurer to the next.
- Doctor's appointments
- Laboratory testing
- Medical item rental, e.g., crutches
- Nursing care
- Prescription drugs
- Transportation by ambulance
Treatment by health professionals
- Dentist (in the event of an accident)
- Accommodation and meals
- Air ambulance
- Repatriation of remains
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
Additional travel insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption
- Accidental death and dismemberment
For a personalized travel insurance quote, call us at 1-855-309-5888 and speak to one of our representatives.
Reduce your insurance premium with a deductible
By choosing a deductible of $500 to $10,000, you can reduce your travel insurance premium amount.
If you make a claim, the insurance company will subtract the amount from your reimbursement.
Speak to a representative for more information about deductibles.
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You have already arrived in Canada and do not have insurance
- You need to check if you are eligible for coverage due to a health problem or illness you experienced prior to your departure (pre-existing illness)
- You plan to visit another country, including your home country, while your policy is in effect
They will help you find the right travel insurance product for your needs.
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company that sold you your travel insurance for visitors to Canada.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.