Insurance for trips made in Canada
Experts recommend that you purchase insurance for travel outside your home province. We can help you find the best solution for your needs!
Your provincial health insurance plan, e.g., RAMQ, may not fully reimburse expenses incurred due to an illness or accident outside your home province.
Insurance for trips made in Canada: what's covered
Travel insurance coverage may vary from one insurer to the next.
- Doctor's appointments
- Laboratory testing
- Medical item rental, e.g., crutches
- Nursing care
- Prescription drugs
- Travel by ambulance
Treatment by health professionals
- Dentist (in the event of an accident)
- Air ambulance
- Emergency repatriation
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Repatriation in case of death
- Return of a pet
- Return of your vehicle to your home province
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
If you wish, you may add the following insurance options to your coverage:
Call 1-855-309-5888 for a quote!
Get a discount
Call us at 1-855-309-5888 to ask about a family discount.
Talk to one of our representatives if...
- You have a health problem or illness (also called a pre-existing illness) before you leave
- In spite of a pre-existing illness, your health is stable and does not prevent you from travelling
- You have already left your province without insurance
- You plan to extend your trip
- You plan to visit a country other than Canada during your trip
Call 1-855-309-5888 to get a personalized travel insurance quote.
How to submit a claim
Call your travel insurance company, who will explain how to make a claim.
Get the best travel insurance for your needs
For snowbirds heading to Florida
For families travelling to another province or abroad
For tourists, new arrivals, and foreign workers and students
For Canadian students abroad and foreign students in Canada
For Canadians who live abroad for long periods of time
For returning Canadians not covered by a provincial health insurance plan
For groups of 10 or more
For amateur sports teams of 3 people or more