5 advantages of all-inclusive travel insurance
There are several types of travel insurance, but all inclusive is the most comprehensive. Here are 5 reasons why you should pack it.
1. The most comprehensive travel insurance... period.
Whether for a medical emergency, cancelled flight, lost luggage, all-inclusive travel insurance gives you the peace of mind you need to travel the world.
- Emergency medical expenses
- Care dispensed by a healthcare professional (urgent care only)
- Trip cancellation and interruption
- Accidental death and dismemberment
2. It has the best quality-price ratio
It’s better to take out all-inclusive travel insurance rather than pick-and-choose coverage.
3. It covers it all
Did you know that your province’s public heath plan will not cover 100% of the emergency medical expenses you claim?
Be sure to check what is (and is not) covered by your credit card and group insurance plan.
All-inclusive travel insurance is the perfect way to round out your insurance coverage.
4. Home sweet home
When a medical emergency occurs while travelling, it’s usually best to return home for treatment.
With all-inclusive travel insurance, the expenses incurred in the following situations are usually covered:
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Return home of your pet
- Return home of your vehicle
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member
- Emergency return flight
5. Travel assistance wherever you are
When an emergency happens halfway across the world, in unfamiliar surroundings, there is noting more reassuring than knowing you can rely on an assistance service.
This service will help you find the best healthcare professionals.
It can also make sure you get a much-needed prescription.
If repatriation is necessary, the service will help you find an emergency flight home.
Some all-inclusive travel insurance even comes with identity theft coverage, just in case it happens while you’re on vacation.