Health insurance for Canadian super visas
Health insurance for Canadian super visas is a crucial part of uniting parents and grandparents with their families.
What is a super visa?
To help bring families together, Citizenship and Immigration Canada grants super visas to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
This allows them to visit Canada for up to two years at a time without having to renew their visas.
Super visas are valid for 10 years and allow for multiple visits to Canada.
For more information, consult the Government of Canada Immigration and Citizenship site.
Why get insured?
To request a super visa, you must first take out private health insurance.
Let one of our representatives help you choose the coverage you need based on the length of your stay and the frequency of your visits.
What your insurance must cover
To obtain a super visa, you must be able to prove that you have private health insurance that:
- Covers healthcare, hospitalization and repatriation expenses
- Is valid for at least one year as of the date you arrive in Canada
- Is in the amount of $100,000
Don’t forget to tell our representatives:
- If before your departure, you are experiencing health problems or illness (also known as pre-existing illness)
- If your health condition is stable and does not prevent you from travelling, despite a pre-existing illness