Travel insurance for extended stays

Are you leaving the country for several weeks or a few months? Before taking off, be sure to pack your safety net.

A wonderful... worry-free adventure

A journey across many different lands means different insurance needs. Leaving for more than one month requires coverage that is above and beyond short-term travel insurance.

Call our representatives immediately so they can make sure you’ve thought of everything.

Emergency round-trip travel

If an unexpected life event interrupts your trip that is supposed to last more than 30 days, under certain conditions you can make an emergency trip home and then resume your trip afterwards.

Emergency round-trip insurance reimburses transportation expenses in the event of:

  • The death of an immediate family member
  • Hospitalization lasting at least seven consecutive days
  • Damages to your home that render it unlivable

Travel assistance is your best ally

  • When you’re far away from home, it’s nice to know you can count on your insurer at all times.
  • For a medical visit, repatriation or emergency return home, hospitalization, a prescription transfer or for new ID cards in case of theft (under certain conditions), all you have to do is call - 24/7/365.
  Emergency round-trip travel For stays more than 30 days

Discounts and benefits

FADOQ members, members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), and members of the Association of Public Service Alliance Retirees (APSAR) are eligible for exclusive discounts.

Other discounts are available for those who purchase long-term travel insurance before September (earlybird discount) or who travel in groups (companion discount).

Call our representatives for information on the discounts you are eligible for.

Call us for your insurance needs

1 855 309-5888

What Travel insurance for extended stays covers


Medical expenses

  • Ambulance
  • Hospital room
  • Laboratory testing
  • Medical item rentals, e.g., crutches
  • Prescription drugs
  • X-rays

Treatment by health professionals

  • Acupuncturist
  • Chiropractor
  • Dentist (in the event of an accident)
  • Osteopath
  • Podiatrist

Transportation expenses

  • Emergency repatriation
  • Hotel accommodation and meals
  • Repatriation of remains in case of death
  • Return of a pet
  • Return of your vehicle to your home country
  • Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside

Travel assistance

No matter where you are in the world, you can count on travel assistance services:

  • Physician and health professional recommendations
  • Emergency return flight and repatriation
  • Prescription transfers
  • Identity theft assistance (some conditions apply)

Call us for your insurance needs

1 855 309-5888

How to submit a claim

Call the insurance company you purchased your travel insurance to find out how to submit a claim.

Don’t forget to tell our representatives:

  • If you will be outside your home province for more than 183 days in a single year and no longer covered by your provincial health care plan (e.g., RAMQ)
  • If before your departure, you are experiencing health problems or illness (also known as pre-existing illness)
  • If your health condition is stable and does not prevent you from travelling, despite a pre-existing illness