Insurance for trips in Canada
Whether for business, pleasure or to visit loved ones, there are plenty of good reasons to travel inside the country. We are here to make sure you can travel worry-free from coast to coast.
Insurance for trips in Canada, eh?
Yes! Mainly because each province and territory has its own public health insurance plan. This means that you might have to pay out of pocket for healthcare services in the event of an accident or illness.
For example, when travelling in Canada, the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec does not reimburse all hospitalization expenses.
Insurance for trips made in Canada protects Canadians by reimbursing healthcare expenses and repatriation costs not covered by their provincial health insurance plan.
Call our representatives for more information and to request a quote.
Affordable solutions... and discounts
Costing up to 50% less than other travel insurance, insurance for trips in Canada gives you peace of mind at a reasonable price.
Families and FADOQ members are also entitled to discounts.
Find out more about these advantages from our representatives.
What insurance for trips in Canada covers
- Doctor's appointments
- Laboratory testing
- Medical item rental, e.g., crutches
- Nursing care
- Prescription drugs
- Travel by ambulance
Treatment by health professionals
- Dentist (in the event of an accident)
- Air ambulance
- Emergency repatriation
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Repatriation in case of death
- Return of a pet
- Return of your vehicle to your home province
- Transportation and accommodation for an accompanying family member at your bedside
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company you purchased your travel insurance to find out how to submit a claim.
Don’t forget to tell our representatives:
- If before your departure, you are experiencing health problems or illness (also known as pre-existing illness)
- If your health condition is stable and does not prevent you from travelling, despite a pre-existing illness
- If you have already left your province without insurance
- If you plan to extend your trip
- If you plan to visit a country other than Canada during your trip