Travel insurance for students
Are you planning to study away from home? If so, you’ll need all your concentration and savings for what matters most.
Something unexpected can happen to all of us
Tuition is expensive. Imagine if you got sick or had an accident and had to interrupt your studies. Loss of bursaries, increased need for financial aid – the last thing you want is to have to deal with these consequences without insurance.
Take advantage of coverage specifically designed and optimized for you, and avoid needlessly increasing your study expenses.
Protect yourself from the unexpected, talk to your representatives to be well insured.
Flexible coverage for every situation
Travel insurance for students applies to Canadian students studying abroad as well as foreign students studying in Canada. To be eligible, you must be studying full time in an accredited educational institution.
This coverage can be extended to members of your family, and not just for medical expenses, but dental insurance, reimbursement of transportation and tuition fees, and more.
Call our representatives immediately to get the best coverage for your needs and budget.
What travel insurance for students covers
Covered medical expenses
- Medical examinations and diagnosis
- Medical items
- Prescription drugs
- Private nurse
- Transportation by ambulance
Covered treatments by health professionals
- Dental insurance
- Psychiatric care
- Psychological treatment for post-traumatic stress
Covered transportation expenses
- Emergency repatriation
- Repatriation of your remains in case of death
- Transportation and accommodations for a family member to join you at your bedside
Reimbursement of tuition fees up to $5,000 if an emergency prevents you from earning a passing grade for the semester
Labour and Delivery
- $5,000 reimbursement for labour and delivery fees
- Coverage up to $20,000
How to submit a claim
Call the insurance company you purchased your travel insurance to find out how to submit a claim.
Don’t forget to tell our representatives:
- If you are a foreign student studying in Canada and are planning to travel to another country while your policy is in effect.
- If you are going back to your home country for a vacation while your policy is in effect.
- If you stop studying full time.